How To Delete A YouTube Channel : Step-By-Step Guide
Before creating a YouTube channel, have you ever thought about what the last step would be about YouTube? It would be deleting it. Though it might seem like a dreambuster, it’s true. And for that, you will Google: How to delete a YouTube channel.
How To Delete A YouTube Channel
YouTube is the new school today and it’s serving most services. It provides a platform for education, entertainment, and information for you, me, and all of us. It is the second most used social media platform in the world, with over 2.5 billion users. If you want to search for anything, whether it is cooking a samosa, making rangoli, learning AI, learning Japanese, learning Geo-politics, or watching a live-stream video game, YouTube is the first platform to strike your conscious mind. Over 122 million people visit YouTube every day from both the website and application. YouTube is a revolution in itself. It has provided creators with a platform to showcase their talents.
Reasons To Delete A YouTube Channel
But every iron gets rusted; this iron could be your YouTube channel. There may be many reasons behind deleting a YouTube channel, like :
- Rebranding (shifting to a new niche for a fresh start)
- Content Quality (not satisfied by the quality of content available on the channel)
- Loss of Interest
- Lack of time and effort to continue.
- Legal issues like violations of YouTube policies
- Brands generally delete their YouTube channels due to the negative reputation attached to them.
The list is never-ending and has different points for different people.
How To Delete A YouTube Channel
As of today, one of the most asked questions regarding YouTube is How to delete a YouTube channel. Deleting your YouTube channel is a significant decision, and it is essential to understand the process thoroughly before proceeding. Whether you’re rebranding, taking a break from content creation, or simply no longer wishing to maintain a presence on YouTube, this step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of permanently deleting your channel. But before proceeding forward, it is to be noted that deleting YouTube channels will lead to the loss of all videos, subscribers, and other interactions with viewers, like comments.
Steps To Delete YouTube Channel
Let’s dive into the process of how to delete a YouTube channel.
- Step 1 : Sign in to your YouTube account.
Please ensure you are signed in to the YouTube account associated with the channel you want to delete. You can do this by visiting the YouTube website (www.youtube.com) and clicking the profile icon in the top right corner. Select the appropriate account if you have multiple channels.
- Step 2 : Click on the ‘Profile’ icon in the upper right corner of the home screen.
- Step 3 : Then scroll down to the ‘YouTube studio‘ option and click on it.
- Step 4 : On YouTube Studio, go to the ‘Settings’ option in the navigation drawer and click on the settings.
- Step 5 : Within ‘settings‘, click on the channels section in the left sidebar.
- Step 6 : Then click on the ‘Advanced Settings‘ tab on the top bar of the popped-up window.
- Step 7 : In the advanced settings, scroll down to the option ‘Remove YouTube Content’ to move on to the next step.
- Step 8 : A new page will load on the front with two options. (1) I want to hide my content. (2) I want to permanently delete my content.
- Step 9 : Click on the side drop-down icon beside I want to permanently delete my content.
- Step 10 : You will have to check the boxes. First, explain that all your YouTube videos, replies, comments, etc. will be lost. The second will warn you that any paid subscriptions will be canceled, although you’ll still have access until the end of the billing cycle. Select both checkboxes.
- Step 11 : Then click on the ‘Delete My Content‘ blue button.
- Step 12 : Now you will be required to enter your email address and YouTube channel name for confirmation. After verification, your YouTube channel will be deleted permanently.
Note : The steps listed above may change concerning browsing platforms like Bing, Google, Brave, etc.
It is again to be noted that before searching for how to delete a YouTube channel or taking a step into deleting a YouTube channel, you will delete all your data regarding the YouTube channel, including your subscribers, comments, replies, and videos.
How YouTube Changed Perceptions
YouTube has changed the way I and you approach things today. It’s revolutionized every aspect of our perspective. Including the following :
- Content creation and accessibility
- Education and learning
- Entertainment evolution
- Global connectivity
- Economic opportunity
- Political and social activity
- Personal branding
- Marketing and business
- Youth culture
- User-generated content etc.
This list, too, is never-ending as YouTube has an impact on every aspect of our lives. Despite having such a large proportion of positive aspects, YouTube also has some negative aspects like misinformation, inappropriate content, online harassment, addictive nature, monetization challenges, radicalization, extremism, privacy concerns, copyright issues, etc. But it’s part and parcel of the process. In the present fast-paced digital era, YouTube’s importance as a source of knowledge, entertainment, and communication is incomparable.
In the above article, we saw the step-by-step guide to how to delete a YouTube channel, which itself is a process of elimination or change. Eliminating something is part of the process of change, whether it is your YouTube channel or bad habits in your lifestyle. Everyone should adhere to change.
If you have searched how to delete a YouTube channel on your Google bar, then you might be making up your mind to delete your channel. But before this, please have an around thought of your channel.
Go for the zero-sum game. Everything has ups and downs and maybe this is your downfall. Thus, ask yourself if this is the right time to delete your channel and if the answer you get is yes, then go ahead and follow the steps because sometimes a small step back may make a great leap forward. Thus, making ‘how to delete a YouTube channel’ your first step to create something better is far better than making it last.